Thursday, March 29, 2012

Art Journaling with Ranger

Art Journaling with Ranger

Hi there! Last week got away from me with a showing. It's HARD work getting this house ready for strangers to come look around. I hate that part. Still no offers so I'll keep crafting til I have to pack it all up. :(
 Today's post is an art journal layout that I started late one night and wanted to use some of the Ranger Distress inks in different ways. I have 2 layouts to show you. Here's the first one:
 I stamped with the Distress ink and applied it straight to the stamp with the dabber. You could dab some out on a craft mat and add water then use a paintbrush to apply it.
 I used Ranger Crackle Paint in broken china in the sky. It adds awesome texture and lets other mediums ooze into the cracks. Love it! I used the Ranger Liquid Pearls to add the little dots behind the butterflies.
 I also added color with the dabbers straight to the page. I of course painted the background first then added all the fun stuff on top. The inks add great dimension and highlights.
 The colors are SO fun! The inks are so versatile and the one step crackle paint.. I mean come on! You need to get at least one to play with. It's a very opaque color too. Except for the rock candy, it's clear. :)
 I'm not quite done yet. I need to add some words and stuff. I usually try to keep my pages pretty flat because I work on the backs too. So, buttons and things like that are fun.

 The butterflies I punched out of Prima paper and then used the dabbers and applied the spun sugar and broken china. It's pretty transparent so you can add a little color or layer it for more. Of course I added some sparkle with the Ranger Stickles. I dabbed it out on my craft mat and used my finger to rub it on.
 This is the next page in my journal. I used Ranger crackle paint on this too. I used broken china, brushed corduroy, and shabby shutters.This is the first layer of probably 47 so I'll let you know how it turns out.
 I used the Prima Donna Downey stamp and dabbed on the color straight from the applicator right onto the stamp. I uses the peeled paint for the green and then used both spun sugar and fired brink for the flowers. I was messy when I applied the color not worrying too much about it blending and then stamped. I stamped the image about 3 to 4 times before the image was faded away. Cool!
 I also used my fingers to dip into the crackle paint and rub it on in places. You can get a thinner layer that way. However using the applicator included gives you thick lines with deep crackling. SO cool. The inks applied directly to the stamp gives you a great watercolor look, like the script stamp I did above with the broken china.
Well I hope you enjoyed my pages. I'll post the houses one on the FB page when I'm completely done. DON'T forget to check out the Sweet Retreat info!! Spaces are still available!! 
Happy Creating!
~Kimberly

1 comment: