Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Butterfly Cage for Glue Dots®

 This little butterfly cage would be soo stinkin cute hanging all around for a baby shower. I love how simple and easy they are to make and the possibilities are endless.
 I first cut a piece of paper about 4 inches. It's entirely up to you how tall you want your cage. I used a Martha Stewart edge punch and added Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Brushed Corduroy over the edges of all the pieces I cut for this project.
 The little strips for the top I cut 12 inches long and about a quarter of an inch and again, it's up to you how wide and how many of these you use. I added some pretty lace at the bottom that I found in the dollar bin at Michael's. I used Glue Dots® Lines to attach it all the way around.  I used yellow and white bakers twine to string up the banner, the butterfly and the whole thing from the top. I used Glue Dots® Mini to attach all the twine to the butterfly cage and the strips of paper for the top as well. I used them on the very top to keep all the strips together in the center.
 This October Afternoon paper set "Fly a Kite" was perfect for what I had in mind. The butterfly is from Creative Imaginations and I used Caramel Apple and Sun Sisters Glimmer Mist by Tattered Angels. It took a couple coats to get where I wanted because the felt was soaking up the color but I can tell you it is super sparkly. The Glue Dots® Mini even stuck on top of all that glimmer mist.
 I used Glue Dots® Craft to attach the flowers.
 I love using double sided paper for this kit. It's cute from any direction. :)
 I added another Mini to the top for the little butterfly and that's that. I hope you give it a try. I could make these all day long. They are so cute too and since I used Glue Dots®s to hold everything together I know everything is well secure.
  Happy Crafting!
   Kimberly
Supplies Used :
 Glue Dots® Mini
 Glue Dots® Craft
 Glue Dots® Lines
 Prima Flowers
 October Afternoon Fly a Kite paper and alphabet
 Lace from Michael's
 Bakers Twine - My Stash
 Gimmer Mist - Sun Sisters and Caramel Apple
 Butterfly - Creative Imaginations
Paper Punch - Martha Stewart


I wrote this Blog post while participating on the Glue Dots® Design Team.

1 comment:

  1. I love this buttrfly cage. I have been looking for something for my daughter(in kindergarden) to make for a project. she needs one with a lever. this is just beautiful...thanx for sharing.

    ReplyDelete