Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Recycled Can Desk Organizer for Glue Dots®!

Earth Day is coming up and I wanted to do a project with recycled items. Here I have 3 different aluminum cans and I cleaned them out and primed them with white gesso. I used green paint and after applying 2 coats of green paint and letting it dry completely I used sand paper to rough it up a bit.

The piece of twine I saved from a Christmas gift and had it in my stash but I know they sell it at the Dollar Stores for cheap. The brown paper sack I used to make the banner, flowers and leaves I got from the grocery store the other day. I used some distress ink to grunge it up a bit. I used Glue Dots® Lines to attach the banner pieces to the top. They worked great. I used Glue Dots® Permanent to attach the twine and flowers. They are SO strong. Love that!

You could make one for a Teachers gift or make them for each of the Holidays. I wanted to keep this one simple to honor Earth Day. I hope you look around for something to Reduce - Reuse - or - Recycle.


I hope you have a Happy Earth Day! Grab some Glue Dots® and some containers around the house and make something!
 Kim


Supplies Used -
Glue Dots Permanent
Glue Dots Lines
Distress Ink - Brushed Corduroy
Circle Punches - Marvy Uchida
Fiskars triangle punch
Paint - I mixed together Folk Art Shiny 2708 Apple Orchard and Folk art 526 Soft Apple

I wrote this Blog post while participating on the Glue Dots® design team.

1 comment: