Friday, January 7, 2011

Make your own pom poms!

When I received the challenges from Glue Dots I was excited to see kids crafts on the list. I love to get my girls involved with me and letting them be creative. They are free to play and experiment. They often surprise me with the things they come up with. Super Bowl crafts were on the list too and since we are a proud Colts family here and I wanted to include the the two. I asked me 5 year old what she wanted to make and she instantly said...pom poms! HHmmmm, how can we make some pom poms that she can do. So....this is what the two of us came up with.......


 We cut out crepe paper to about the same length and she used her Glue Dots® Craft to adhere them down layering them.


 She loves Glue Dots® and thought it was pretty cool that Mommy handed the roll over to her. :)
 Mommy helped with this part.  :)
 I loved her little handwriting on the center. Too cute!



 The crepe paper makes an awesome pom pom sound too. She LOVED it and we made a few for her to have. They will be put to good use when the Colts play again!
I hope this inspires you to think outside the box, like my daughter did me. It was a lot of fun and the best part was spending crafty time with her and seeing her so proud of our creation. Adorable.

Stay tuned because up next is the project my oldest daughter and I made together!
 Thanks!!
Kim



Supplies Uses -
Glue Dots® Craft
Popsicle sticks
Crepe paper
Cardstock
Marvy scallop circle punch and a smaller scallop punch from the Paper Studio

I wrote this Blog post while participating on the Glue Dots® design team.

1 comment:

  1. What a clever idea! This would also be fun for a class project when they participate in pep rallys.

    ReplyDelete