Thursday, October 21, 2010

Gather Together Mini Album


 Hello crafty friends! This is a mini album I made out of one sheet of Prima paper and 2 pieces of cardboard I cut out of a cereal box. First I used my corner rounder and then I used gesso on the cardboard then painted it brown. I wadded up and then tore up a brown paper lunch sack and used matte mod podge to adhere the torn up strips to the cardboard. There is no right or wrong way to do that, just make sure to overlap some of the pieces. I set that aside and folded and cut up my piece of paper to make the album inside. I used my Martha Stewart scoreboard but anything would work. I scored at 3,6 and 9 inches, turned the paper once and did it again. Then, I used a straight edge and cut the paper to look like a M. Making sure to leave the squares attached. Then I folded it all together and attached some of the pieces together to make "pages". I left the two pieces on the ends free to attach to the cardboard.
 I used this beautiful piece of Prima trim to tie it together. The paper, trim and flowers are from the Sweet Girl Layout Kit from Live with Prima. You don't have to do exactly what they do! My last post was the other sheet of paper from that kit as well!
 The gorgeous flowers and leaf are Prima and the scallop rectangle behind the sticker was punched from the packaging from the flowers. It was perfect!  I used my distress ink to ink it all up for a grungy look.
 My plan was to use this for Thanksgiving pics and journaling but you could make it for ANY occasion and would make a super cute brag book. :)
If you want more detailed instructions please let me know!
  Thanks for checking it out and see ya next week!!
 KIM

No comments:

Post a Comment