Thursday, December 16, 2010

Paper Star Ornaments



 I saw this the other day in an email and I recognized it was the same concept as the Marion Smith Mini Pocket Book so I wanted to try it. I had this gorgeous paper from Studio 8 called Evergreen. I cut 6 strips 1"x3" and six strips 1"x4". Then glue the edges together of a shorter piece inside the longer piece and set aside to let dry. The glue the other edges together. Next glue all the pieces together and this is what you get.
 I used Prima lace to hang it on the tree. I like the antiquey look. I also used brown corduroy distress ink on all the edges to cover up the white paper and grunge it up a bit.
 I think I'll make some more with the girls and use lots of colors and glimmer mist. You could make a super cute garland out of these and if you changed the length of you paper you can make your stars any size you want. Just make one piece an inch longer.
I hope you give it a shot. They are sooo easy and super fun to make. Check out YMH store for your supplies! Happy Holidays!
  Kim

2 comments:

  1. Really lovely on your tree. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of making a garland out of them. I saw this post on FB and clicked on it not knowing it was yours. :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete