Thursday, September 30, 2010

Welcome Sign



I drug out all my fall and Halloween totes and my welcome sign I made last year was all bent and wonky so I used the scrap piece of paper from the round fall hanging I got from Your Memories Here and did a dark color wash over it to change it up a bit. I adhered it to a piece of cereal box cardboard to add some stability and distressed the edges with my scissors. I painted over the edges with ink and color wash to add to the distressed look. I generously sprayed wheatfields glimmer mist over the entire thing, even the flower to add some sparkle and it does have a very pretty sheen to it. I needed something for my Prima pearls so I made this flower out of a piece of scrap fabric and added some Prima leaves. YMH has an awesome selection of Prima and gorgeous paper for you to make your own fall welcome sign. Why buy something when you can make your own...right? I will be sure to pack this away more carefully! Hope you have a fabulous day!
  See you next Thursday! :)
        KIM

1 comment:

  1. Love this one too! You are truly creatively fabulous!! : )

    ReplyDelete